Thursday, April 10, 2008

Bears of the Past, Part I, Episode 1: Baby Bears

If you have a photo of Baby's First Blue or Baby's First Pink, please send it to buildabearbuzz@gmail.com for use in this article!

Welcome to my new seiries, Bears of the Past. For the next few weeks, we'll be looking at Part I: The First Bears, in which we'll interview some of the very first Build-A-Bears ever released.

Today, we have two special guests to interview: Baby's First Blue and Baby's First Pink. So, without further ado, here they are!

Lilli: Hello! Welcome to Build-A-Bear Buzz!
Blue: Hey Lilli!
Pink: Hi, Lilli!
Blue: I'd just like to start by saying what a priviledge it is to be here on your "show."
Pink: You have a wonderful place here!
Lilli: Thanks, but let's cut to the chase. Why don't you each start with telling us a little about yourseves?
Pink: Well, we're identical except for our noses (mine is pink!) and the color thread they used to stitch our paws. I guess that kinda makes us twins!
Blue: Yeah! We were both released in October 1997 with several other bears. We were reccomended for kids ages 3 and under.
Lilli: That's a good idea. I understand that you weren't the smallest bears, either.
Pink: Oh, no! We're 14 inches tall. The smallest bear released in October of 1997 was Classic Brown Teddy, who was only 11 inches.
Blue: I really enjoyed being one of the only bears especially made for younger kids.
Pink: Me too. I didn't want to retire so soon!
Lilli: When did you retire?
Blue: We had to leave about six months after our arrival - June of 1998.
Pink: We were the second set of bears to retire, and weren't replaced until Cuddly Teddy Blue and Cuddly Teddy Pink were released in January of 2002.
Lilli: That's all the time we have for today. Thanks so much for letting me interview you!
Blue: Sure, Lilli!
Pink: Thanks! Bye!

No comments:

About Build-A-Bear Buzz

Build-a-Bear Buzz is an independent effort (not affiliated with the Build-A-Bear Workshop company) to bring the buzz to the bear - that is to say, keep Build-A-Bear fans informed. Build-A-Bear Buzz is updated every Saturday. Written by a bear for bears, this blog is the perfect place to get the scoop!

About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm a blogging Build-A-Bear! My name is Lilliana, but you can call me Lilli